How to Configure Outlook, Apple Mail or IPhone with your Email Account
You can use your Web Hosting Canada email account with email management software such as Outlook, Windows Mail, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, iPhone, and countless others. Although each application is different, they all have a similar interface to manage your accounts (usually in the "Tools > Accounts" or "Preferences" menu of the application). When using this interface, you will have to enter the following information:
- POP3 or IMAP Server (Incoming Mail Server): mail.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name).
- SMTP Server (Outgoing Mail Server): mail.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name). As an alternative, you could also use your ISP's SMTP server, if they have provided you with one.
- Username: your full email address.
Note: do NOT use your cPanel username here.
- Password: the one you used when creating your email account.
Note: do NOT use your cPanel password here.
Advanced settings (needed only if you are experiencing issues with the default settings):
- Authentication: If available, enable the authentication process when sending messages, using the same username and password as for incoming messages.
- SMTP Port (Outgoing mail port): 26.
Note: this setting should only be set if mail cannot be set on the default port 25, because your Internet Service Provider is blocking that port
- SSL/TLS: leave disabled (if you would like to enable this option, you will need to install an SSL certificate on your account)
It is important to test the sending and reception of emails in the software, to detect configuration errors. If you face problems with your mail accounts and are unable to send or receive emails, please contact us by phone.
You can find our Video Tutorials at: Video Tutorials
Article ID: #HC5033