How to fix the “Server DNS address could not be found” error
If you see a “Server DNS address could not be found” error when trying to access your website, it's possible that your computer or Internet provider has outdated DNS information for your domain name. This might occur if you’ve recently switched to a dedicated IP address.
To reset your cache and fix this problem, use the following procedure:
For Windows users
- Select the Start button, then type cmd
- Right-click Command Prompt, then choose Run as Administrator
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter
- Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter
- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter
- Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter
- Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter
- Restart the computer
For Mac OS X users
- Open the Terminal application (either by searching with Spotlight, or by opening the Applications folder, followed by Utilities)
- In the Terminal window, type dscacheutil -flushcache and press Enter
If after following these procedures, you still see the “Server DNS could not be found” error, you may need to wait a few hours for your DNS information to update. If it's been more than four hours, you should contact support so we can check your DNS settings.