How to Change my Domain's DNS
A DNS (or nameserver) associates a domain name to a web host.
If your domain name is registered with Web Hosting Canada, you may change your domain's DNS (also called nameservers) by following these steps:
- Log in to your Client Area at: https://clients.whc.ca
- Click on Domains > My Domains
- If you have more than one domain with us, click on the domain you wish to manage
- Click on Manage Nameservers
- Enter up to 5 nameservers (minimum 2 nameservers are required). You can also use the QuickConfig links to set WHC's Basic or Anycast DNS if your service is hosted with us.
- Click on Change Nameservers
The changes will be submitted and will take up to 24 hours to propagate on all networks of the Internet. Please note that incorrect changes to your nameservers can disrupt access to your web site, email, and other web services, so proceed with caution!
The DNS you should use will depend on your service and are generally communicated to you in your service's welcome email.
Premium Anycast DNS
Please note that you cannot modify the DNS of an expired domain (you must renew it first).
If you wish to change the DNS for a domain name that is not currently registered with us, please contact your domain name provider directly.
Article ID: #HC5078