How to Change a Domain's WHOIS Information
WHOIS information contains publicly accessible contact information for your domain name. For most types of domains, these generally include up to 3 contacts: Registrant, Administrative, and Technical.
In some cases, the Privacy Protection service can be requested to shield personal information from the public WHOIS database, which nowadays is unfortunately used maliciously for spamming, telemarketing, and spoofing purposes.
To change your domain's WHOIS information:
- Log in to your Client Area
- Click on Domains
- If you manage multiple domains, click on the domain you would like to manage
- In the Contact Information section, click on Edit
- Update the contact information as needed, for any of your contacts
- Click Save
Your changes will propagate on the Internet in the following hours and should reflect on most WHOIS verification tools within 72 hours.
- Certain changes require email verification after being performed, and failure to verify email changes in a WHOIS contact may trigger domain suspensions.
- For some TLDs, changing the registrant can lock the domain from transfers to other providers for up to 60 days for security reasons.