Can I Change my main Domain Name on my Hosting?
You may change your domain name by registering a new domain name and then associating that new domain name to your hosting account.
Instead of changing your domain name (and thus losing your original domain), you may prefer to simply add a second domain name (called a Parked Domain) to your account, thus having two domains point to your same web site.
If you still want to proceed with the domain name change, here is how to do it:
- Order a new domain name using our online order form.
- Complete the payment and wait for our confirmation email.
- Open a Support Ticket from the Client Area, letting us know you would like to change the main domain name of your account, and specifying the following:
- your current domain name,
- your new domain name,
- your cPanel username,
- whether or not you wish to renew your existing domain name once it expires.
- Please allow up to 48 hours for your request to be processed.
Article ID: #HC5079