Install and Use Google Authenticator for Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Two Factor authentication (2FA) helps further protect your WHC account and services by adding a second layer of security when logging in.
To enable and use 2FA, you’ll need a specialized App, ideally on a separate physical device such as a smartphone. While there are several 2FA apps available, we recommend Google Authenticator, available for free with both Apple and Android devices. Other variants, such as Windows Authenticator, or the Google Chrome browser extension can accomplish the same tasks by following similar steps, but will not be covered here.
Install Google Authenticator from the App Store / Play Store
- Open the App Store if you’re using an Apple device, or the Play Store on Android
- Search for Google Authenticator
- Install it
Connect your 2FA device with your WHC service
- Open Google Authenticator
- If you don’t have any saved services, choose begin setup. Otherwise click the plus symbol to add a new 2FA account.
- Scan the barcode shown on your 2FA service’s screen or choose manual entry
You’re done! The unique, generated codes will refresh every 30 seconds and will be valid for up to 5 minutes.
Use your 2FA device with your WHC service
- Log in to the WHC service that supports 2FA with your regular username & password
- You will be prompted to enter the 2FA code. Open your 2FA App.
- Enter the code displayed on your 2FA App into the service’s login page
You’re now connected to your service!