Help, I Can't Connect to the cPanel!
Having trouble connecting to cPanel? Here are different possible causes.
Situation 1: You are able to access the login screen, but your login credentials are not accepted.
- It's possible that you are entering the wrong login credentials. Double-check that you are using the right username and password. When copy-pasting your username and password from an email, make sure there are no trailing spaces that could cause this error. If the problem persists, please read: How to Change Your CPanel Password.
- If you transferred your domain to us from another provider, make sure your domain's DNS points to ours and that you have waited 24 hours after changing your DNS to allow for the propagation delay. Otherwise, you may be trying to connect to a different server.
- Our security systems may have blocked you because you tried to connect too many times using invalid passwords. Consult: How to Unblock Yourself From Our Firewall
Situation 2: You can't access the login screen and your browser shows an error page.
- Are you using the right address? First thing you should do is double-check the URL. You can use www.yourdomain.com/cpanel but if your domain name is not functional then you will need to use the permanent address for your cpanel (generally of the form http://username.whc.ca/cpanel, where username is your cPanel username); this address will be included in your account opening email. You may also try the cPanel Access link from the Client Area, under My Services.
- Your network may be blocking access to secure websites. You may then try the non-secure access through http://cpanel.yourdomain.com in your browser. Also try to disable your firewall or antivirus. If you are behind a corporate firewall, you may need to contact your network administrator.
- Our firewall may be blocking you. Try to view your regular web site (not the CPanel). If it doesn't load at all, our firewall may be blocking you specifically (or your network) from accessing our servers. This may be due to too many failed connection attemps or due to some insecure scripts on your account. Consult: How to Unblock Yourself From Our Firewall
If the problem persists, please get in touch with our support team!
Article ID: #HC5051