How to Change PHP Options & Extensions
By default, your PHP scripts hosted on Web Hosting Canada's servers will use WHC’s default PHP settings. If, for whatever reason, you need to change these settings, here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Under Software, click on Select PHP Version.
- At the top of the page, next to the active My domains tab, are the Extensions tab and the Options tab.
- To enable or disable PHP extensions, select the Extensions tab:
- You will see a large selection of checkboxes with the names of PHP extensions next to them. We recommend not changing anything here unless you absolutely know what you’re doing.
- To enable or disable an extension, click on the checkbox next to the parameter you wish to change. The settings will automatically be saved and updated.
- If you lose track of changes and need to roll back, use the Reset to default button in the top right hand corner of the page.
- To modify PHP options, click on the Options tab. You will see a list of checkboxes and entry fields.
- Modify any values you need to change. Updates will be automatically applied and saved.
- If you need to roll back a change, use the Reset to default link under the parameter’s name.
You now know how to modify the PHP settings on your account.