How to Change PHP Version
WHC's hosting services allow the use of multiple PHP versions, depending on your preference. We recommend using a recent PHP version that is officially supported by the PHP community.
How to Change PHP Version with Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, or WordPress Hosting:
Change your PHP version from your control panel:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Under Software, click on Select PHP Version.
- In the PHP Version pulldown menu select the PHP version you want and click on Set as current.
- For advanced users: Tick the PHP modules you want active and click Save or click Use Defaults if you prefer using the default WHC-recommended modules.
Your site will immediately use the new PHP version.
Some important things to consider:
- We don't advise you to use the Native version of PHP since this version may get changed over time and doesn't provide the same settings
- With WHC, you can use older versions of PHP securely thanks to HardenedPHP technology.
- Changing the PHP version using the method above will affect all your websites on your account.
How to Change PHP Version with a Cloud or Dedicated Server:
The following method will work with the default CentOS operating system:
- Log in to WHM
- Under Software, click on MultiPHP Manager.
- Scroll down near the bottom and find the account(s) you wish to modify
- In the PHP Version column, select the PHP version you want using the drop-down menu. Your change will immediately take effect.
- Optionally, activate the PHP-FPM acceleration by clicking on the toggle to that effect.
If you're using CloudLinux on your server, the first method described for changing PHP version is recommended.
Article ID: #HC5027