How to restore a Full cPanel Account using JetBackup 5
This article describes how to restore a full cPanel account backup with WHC’s JetBackup restore tool.
- Service downtime: Your cPanel account will be destroyed and re-created during this restoration process. Depending on the total size of your account, expect interruptions anywhere from a few minutes up to one hour.
- Possible data loss: all websites, primary domain, addon domains, aliases, and associated databases will be restored to the selected date and time. Any changes made after that time will be lost.
- Possible email loss: All email accounts will be restored to the selected date and time. Any emails received after that time will be lost.
How to restore a full cPanel account
- Log in to your cPanel (see How to Access cPanel)
- Scroll down to the Files section and click on JetBackup5
- Under the Restore & Download section, click Full Backups
- Select the backup you would like to restore (sorted by date), then click the Restore button
- From the Restore Summary screen, you’ll see the selected backups to restore under Items To Restore, then click Restore Selected Items
- Wait for the Queue to finish the restoration job, the ‘Completed’ status will display when the restore is complete
Understanding the Queue statuses
The queue status “Pending” means the server is waiting for the restoration task to be processed.
The queue status “In Progress” means that you need to wait, and avoid any actions inside the cPanel account, till the restoration is completed.
The queue status “Completed” means that the restoration has been successful. If you get the queue status “Failed” you may try another date, or you may contact our Support.