How to Import a Database with phpMyAdmin
In some situations, you may need to import a MySQL database from another server into your web hosting account with WHC.
To import a database into your account:
- You should have a copy of the database you need to import, in SQL format. You can normally obtain such a copy by exporting your database from your source server. You can also compress your SQL file into a ZIP format to make it smaller and easier to work with.
- Sign in to your cPanel account at Web Hosting Canada
- If you have not already done so, create a new database with the MySQL Database Wizard
- Once the database is created, return to the cPanel and click on phpMyAdmin
- Choose the desired database and click on the Import tab
- Browse your computer for the SQL (or ZIP) file that contains your database and click GO
- Wait for the process to complete. The database should now be imported into your account!
Once uploaded, you can browse and manipulate data within your database by using a database management tool such as phpMyAdmin.