How to Unblock Your IP From Our Firewall
The Web Hosting Canada Firewall protects your account from hackers, malware, and other security threats.
At times, the firewall might block you out from your account. This could be due to:
- Too many failed attempts connecting to your email, cPanel, FTP, or other systems on our server
- Scripts being executed on the server which the firewall believes may be harmful (some false-positive are possible)
- Unusual activity from your computer (too many simultaneous connections, port scans, etc).
When the firewall detects these security risks, it may block your computer or network from accessing your account, using your IP address (a unique number identifying your Internet connection). As a result, you will be unable to access ANY systems on our servers, including your web site, the cPanel, email, FTP, etc (you will likely get "time out" errors).
This blocking does not necessarily affect other users from accessing your site.
To see whether or not your are blocked and to remove the block from your account, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Client Area
- Click on My Services (and if you have more than one hosting account, select the one that is being blocked)
- Click on Unblock my IP Address
- If your IP address is currently being blocked, a message with all the details will be displayed in red.
- To unblock your access, click on Unblock my IP Address. You may optionally also request a permanent unblock to ensure this issue does not repeat itself for as long as your IP address remains the same.
- Once you have requested an unblock, it may take up to 15 minutes for our firewalls to process your request; please be patient!
If your IP address is not listed as blocked, or you still cannot access the server after a 15 minute delay, please contact our Support Team for assistance.
Article ID#: HC6010